5 hours ago - (31219)
"And how hard is it to land even a minimum-wage job? This year, the Ivy League college admissions acceptance rate was 8.9%. Last year, when Walmart opened its first store in Washington, D.C., there were more than 23,000 applications for 600 jobs, which resulted in an acceptance rate of 2.6%, making the big box store about twice as selective as Harvard and five times as choosy as Cornell. Telling unemployed people to get off their couches (or out of the cars they live in or the shelters where they sleep) and get a job makes as much sense as telling them to go study at Harvard."
15 hours ago - (73052)
1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself."